Sunday, August 24, 2014

PTI Stamp-A-Faire - Time after Time Challenge

PTI's last challenge for the night (and the only other one I had time to do) was the Time after Time challenge (now don't we all have that song in our head?).

I found a card from 2008 - which was about 2 years into my card making (I was just starting to venture out from holiday cards) - to makeover.

Here it is:


This was a birthday card for my hubby using Lizzie Anne Stamps for a contest they were having. (I couldn't find any PTI stamped cards that were this old.) I cringe that this card 1. uses eyelets and 2. the blue panel is not popped up on foam tape! The party hat and gifts die cuts are from a Cuttlebug die (this was before all the companies jumped on the die wagon).  The orange is soooooo bright I need sunglasses! LOL

OK so here is my makeover of this card:



I wanted to keep the color orange somehow, so I used that for one of the die cut words. I had some Basic Grey paper that was similar to the birthday pattern paper in my original card so I made the tag from that.  To mimic the circle pattern paper on my original card, I stamped a background of circles on the remake. The tag represents the blue panel from the original. I stamped the candles in blue to pull that color in from the original.

Thanks for checking out my card!

Ingredients: PTI Tipped Tops, Tag Sale #3, Birthday Style, Wonderful Words: Birthday; Scrapblocks Distressed Circles; Basic Grey Life of the Party pattern paper

No comments:

Post a Comment