Sunday, July 20, 2014

Happy Anniversary mixed media card

Hello! There have been several new challenge blogs popping up lately - one is the Mixed Media Card Challenge Blog. I love this concept! I just got some embossing paste and stencils so I could not wait to bust them out for this challenge!

The current challenge is: A Touch of Nature.


My parents wedding anniversary is approaching so I used this challenge to get the creative juices flowing.  After some trial and error, here is my card:


My background (water color paper) panel is water colored with distress inks and then I stamped my text, dribbled a few splotches of spray mist and then stenciled some embossing paste. That's a lot of "layering" for me! The flowers were embossed with text and then sponged with distress ink. This card took me a while to create but I love the result!

Here is a detail shot:


I love the challenge of mixed media and look forward to adding this to my "portfolio".  Thanks for visiting!

Ingredients: MFT Clearly Sentimental: Anniversaries, Blueprints #11 (panel): PTI Background Basics: Postmarks, Double Ended Banners, Notched Flowers; Hero Arts: Newspaper Background (on flowers); Heidi Swapp Lattice Stencil; Studio Calico Mr. Huey's Mists - Dewey; Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste (white); Distress Inks

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzie. Fab layered background - love the added texture from the embossing paste. And stamping on the layers of your flowers is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed looking at your card and discovering all the different layers and techniques you've used to make it lovely card. Thank you for joining us at the Mixed Media Card Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love these colours! The stamped background and flowers add so much interest and you've used my favourite stencil for the embossing paste. I'm so glad you joined us at Mixed media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning from colors to layout, I also like the text on the flowers :) thank you for sharing with MMCC !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really, really, really like this card alot! lovely colours and techniques!!! glad you played along with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete