Monday, July 3, 2017

Altenew Academy Muse Class: Art

I am an Art History major so I was excited for the next lesson in Altenew Academy's Muse Class: Art. I love all kinds of art and finally settled on Pop Art images for inspiration. Here is my muse (I'm having trouble giving credit and finding the actual link for this but I believe it is a Marimekko piece):

Marimekko takes a stand on power of expression with an Unikko pattern place in Milan during design week. The range of Unikko colourways seen in the Milan installation represent the versatility and boldness that the pattern has had during each of the five past decades.

I love all these bold bright colors! To translate this into a card took some trial and error but I finally worked it out:



I love how this fun card turned out - it took a bit of planning but it was worth it!

Thanks for visiting! Still more to come!

Ingredients: Altenew Layered Floral Cover Dies A and B, Label Love; Reverse Confetti Tag Me (banner)

1 comment:

  1. looks amazing....I would love those dies but they are way too expensive for my budget!
    happy stamping and tfs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete