Sunday, May 25, 2014

Faux Watercolor Bouquet

This week's CASology challenge (#96)  is "Flower".



I have been trying my hand at making watercolor inspired cards lately and when I saw this card by Ling I knew it was time to break out WPlus9's Fresh Cut Florals stamp set. My card is a CASE of Ling's - I loved it that much! Here's my take on it:





I love Fresh Cut Florals but I struggle with making bouquets - this one took 3 tries. I decided simple was my best bet! This is a faux watercolor technique using dye inks, and then tracing over the image with a water loaded paint brush.

Ingredients: Paper Smooches Crystal Clear; PTI Mixed Messages; WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals; MFT Blueprints #11 (panel)

1 comment:

  1. Lizzie, flowers in a jar make a lovely clean and simple card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete