Monday, February 20, 2017

Day 8 of the PTI 10th Anniversary Celebration

On to another day of the Papertrey Ink 10th anniversary celebration! Just wanted to mention that I did not make a card for Day 7 (2013) because I was starting to lose the mojo after my monster card making session! I do have the Ruby Rose stamp set that was featured that year and use it often!  

We are now into 2014!



2014 had some amazing stamp sets and great dies! I really embraced the die craze and sometimes ordered more dies than stamps!!! I loved Lizzie Jones' line of Text Block dies! I did struggle with this card for a bit with lots of trial and error for my design - including a failed mono-printing idea! Finally I had success!


I was very influenced by this card made by Lauren Bassen that was also featured in PTI's post for 2014. I created a stencil from the die and made some colored embossing pastes. My intention was to leave it at that point but it was hard to read the sentiment SO i die cut the text block and inserted into the blank space and went with it! The paste looks like frosting to me - great for a birthday card!

Thanks for visiting!

Ingredients: PTI Text Block: Party Time

No comments:

Post a Comment