Thursday, January 1, 2015

Songbirds Birthday card for PTI's Make it Monday #195: A la Carte

Happy 2015 Everyone!!!

Papertrey Ink finished off 2014 with a look back at all the Make it Monday videos from 2014 and the challenge is to pick one of those and make a card/project inspired by that MIM. There were so many I wanted to do that I didn't get a chance to during the year, but I narrowed it down to one - MIM #175 - Creative Card Borders Using Non-Border Dies.

I broke out my new Songbirds stamp/dies and created a birthday card for my aunt. The biggest challenge for me was lining up those birds for the border! One of my weaknesses is straight lines! I was off a little but I made it work!



I rarely use ribbon on a card because I stink at bows but this knot with the tails works just fine!

Here is a detailed pic:



And the inside of the card:



Thanks for visiting my blog!

Ingredients: PTI Songbirds, Bitty Dot pattern paper, New Leaf ribbon

3 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty inside and out, Lizzie! I love The Songbird set and it's so sweet for this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card using songbirds! That set makes a great border. You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great videos to choose from, and you did this one proud! Love the songbirds on the edge and beautifully tied ribbon!

    ReplyDelete