Monday, August 11, 2014

Combo technique card for SYS2 Bonus Day

I love "color me" type stamps - Paper Smooches, Lawn Fawn, Sweet Stamp Shop, PTI - all have cute sets to color! BUT this challenge threw me a bit. I don't have lots of "scene" pieces so I got stuck figuring out what to do with the Watercolor Spotlight technique Debby showed us on Bonus Day of OCC Stretch Your Stamps 2. I finally found a set to work with AND decided to all incorporate the Mirror Stamping technique Stephanie showed us as well in the same card.

I almost tossed this card - I wasn't entirely happy with the tree but went with it and like the more artsy feel the watercoloring created.

Here it is:


I did the mirror stamping of the squirrel image - the one on the left is the original way the squirrel faces/stamps. I had a hard time getting the mirrored imaged stamped cleanly - I think I stamped that squirrel a dozen times! I almost gave up and then I decide to take the cleanest image and trace the outline with a Glaze pen and was ok with it, then I watercolored both squirrels and the little apple.
BTW - the stamp set I used is called Spring Groves - yet here I used it in a fall capacity and it works - now that's stretching stamps!

Thanks for checking out my card!

Ingredients: Paper Smooches Spring Groves, Falling for You (apple); PTI cloud, Fillable Frames #7

No comments:

Post a Comment