Saturday, August 16, 2014

Last Day of SYS2 Class - Day 11 card

Day 11 was play day in the Stretch Your Stamps 2 class. A smaller stamp set was used for a variety of techniques. I just got a few stamp sets from Sweet Stamp Shop and was determined to use one of them for class. I decide to make a card using the Custom Sentiment technique Laura showed us. I did not incorporate the repeating background technique for this card - I had a specific layout in mind.

Here's my card:


The sentiment is created from 3 different stamp sets - only 2 I had to mask off. I should have taken a close up because I put Wink of Stella on the girl hedgehog's bow, the 2 kraft hearts and inside the 2 hearts surrounding the sentiment. I colored my hedgies with my Bic Mark-It markers.

I really enjoyed this class - I have a ton of new techniques to add to my arsenal - OCC never disappoints! I also have a lot of cards made for my stash - I think I'll make some into card sets to give away. 

The teachers were awesome - some of which were new to me - and they all knocked it out of the park!!!

Thanks for checking out my card!!

Ingredients: Sweet Stamp Shop Hedgehog Kiss (including word "Smooches" which was masked, Koala (word "Let's (Hang)"); WPlus9 Love You More (word "Sweetheart"); MFT Transformables Heart Full of Love, Staggered Heart Border

No comments:

Post a Comment