Sunday, August 10, 2014

Day 6 card for SYS2!

Back with another card for OCC's Stretch Your Stamps 2 class - today's card features Debby Hughes' technique for Soft Stamping on Non-Paper!!! LOVE it! I adore Debby's style and techniques - she is for sure in my top 5 crafty gals list! Anyway as soon as I watched this I knew that I was going to use my new cork sheets from DCWV. The cork is pretty thin and very easy to die cut.

Here's my take on Debby's fab card and technique:


I used a tag die that has a border but it doesn't show well on the cork - I'm guessing it's too soft to keep the impression. I don't have Copic markers but I have a few Distress Markers and my Bic Mark-It markers so I used the Bic's to color the petals of the flower and my Crushed Olive Distress marker for the flower center. It blended quite nicely with little effort.

Here's detail shot:


I must try this technique again!!

Ingredients: PTI Friends Till the End, Tag Sale Die #3, Wonderful Words: Thank you, twine; Doodlebug Kraft in Color pattern papers

No comments:

Post a Comment