Saturday, July 20, 2013

Summer Card Camp - Week 2, Day 4

Ahhhhhh Day 4 was a challenge - using your holiday products for a non-holiday card. I finally settled on using the penguin from A PTI set and made a CAS birthday card. The other holiday stamps used in this card are the present and the "streamers" - which are originally some kind of "wind" indication.  I also used a new color combo - the 4th one from the top.

I tried to make another card that uses a holiday stamp to create a pattern but my attempts were unsuccessful and I gave up. I tested patterns out with Mama Elephant's Believe in Magic set using the snow globe bases and even the "ornate" tree image. Then I tried PTI's Merry and Bright Additions (one of the tree sections) - another fail.  Most of my (winter) holiday stamps are fun and cute not very ornate so I think it was hard to pull off for me. While I struggled with this idea, another came to mind - using non-holiday stamps to make a holiday card. I will have to try this out sometime (unless it pops up as a challenge and then it's on!). I do like this concept so someday down the line I may be able to get it done!





The sun wasn't very bright when I took this pic so I wanted to clarify that the card base is PTI's Soft Stone and I used Smoky Shadow ink for the penguin on some of the sentiments.

Ingredients: PTI Winter Penguin; Paper Smooches Santa Paws (present); Simon Says Stamp Happy (stamp and die); Basic Grey pattern paper (for the "happy" word)

No comments:

Post a Comment