Sunday, July 21, 2013

Summer Card Camp - Week 2, Day 5 - Card #1

I loved all the techniques for day 5!!! This card uses Jennifer McGuire's "ink carving" technique. And she makes it look easy! The ink selection is key here which she does mention. I used dye inks at first and it didn't work well. Chalk and Pigment inks were the easiest so that's what I used.


I used the technique on the 2 parts of the flower and leaves. I think maybe the "dots" on my flower should have been bigger but this works. I used a new color combo - the first one but I replaced the reddish color for a fuchsia color. I also stamped the fuchsia ink on the edges of the orange flower after it was stamped orange like Jennifer did in the video.

Ingredients: PTI Friends til the End (sentiment), Large Scalloped Border die; Mama Elephant Modern Borders; Paper Smooches Bold Blooms and Leafy Greens; orange enamel dot

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! And I love your collage card, too! Ps. Would you consider turning off Word Verification so that it's easier for your friends to comment?

    ReplyDelete