Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer Card Camp - Week 3, Day 1 card

Well it's the last week of camp ;(

I thought last week's color combo was difficult and then they threw a curveball at us - purple! I love purple but this was not easy for me until the light bulb went off! I loved all the techniques today but I struggled to make a card using Jennifer's Layered Stamp Background technique because I couldn't get my background stamps to layer correctly. I tried it with a chevron stamp and then polka dots but no success. This was harder than I thought it would be! So I then moved on to Nichole Heady's Tone-on-Tone Background technique. Again the struggle - first with colors and then with design. Then the light bulb went off! I decided to make this card a halloween card - I love to use purple for halloween so that's what I did and it worked! I used sketch #3 as well.  Here it is:





Ingredients: Technique Tuesday Eek; Purple Onion Designs Halloween Border Tape; Hero Arts Large Web; American Craft Thickers; Ranger Stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment