Saturday, July 6, 2013

It's Festive Friday time!

We are on Festive Friday Challenge #12 (FFC12) and I love the trigger for this one --- SNOW!!! I have an unhealthy obsession with snowflake and snowmen stamps and dies (oh and pattern paper too BTW) - I have such a weakness for them!!! I have 18 stamp sets that feature snowflakes and/or snowmen - wow. (Thanks Evernote for documenting my collection!)

Anyways.....I decided to go "snowflake" for this trigger challenge (just in case a snowman challenge pops up later is my reasoning!).  Here it is - bold and simple:



I love traditional holiday colors! I originally used 3 different types of pattern paper (1 per snowflake) but I found it was too busy and overwhelming so I used solid cardstock for the bottom snowflake instead and really love how it turned out. I almost always add dimension, so I used foam tape/glue dots between the top and middle layers. Ta-da!

Ingredients: PTI Cardstock; Paper Smooches Christmas Sampler (sentiment); Doodlebug North Pole pattern paper

3 comments:

  1. Love the texture you've created by layering the snowflake on the craft cardbase! Love the pop of white, too! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I am going to say is that you wouldn't be disappointed if you played along again for this challenge, and went ahead and used one of those snowmen stamps... *wink*

    I LOVE the layered snowflake. But of course, I am just like you and completely and utterly in love with snowflakes. I do have certain criteria that I like them to meet, which helps me to avoid buying every single set that I see.. haha...

    This is gorgeous, and I love the different patterned layers. It looks wonderful! Alright, now go get those snowmen out, and don't tell anyone I gave you the hint...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling! I love how you were able to use 3 different snowflakes for the layers, makes for great eye candy. :)

    ReplyDelete